Welcome to our October newsletter.
This month sees the release of new videos of surgical procedures, and experts' interviews in laparoscopic surgery on www.websurg.com.
One downloadable high-definition video!Following the tremendous success in the number of videos viewed on WebSurg per month (more than 100,000!), we have thought about a new concept allowing you to download one video: "Intraoperative Augmented Reality applied to laparoscopic right adrenalectomy".
You will be really amazed by the quality of this high-definition video (encoded in 2 Mbps)!
This video is available in 2 media formats:
- Windows media format (82,8 Mo)
- QuickTime media format (84,7 Mo)
Videos of live surgery8 new videos available this month:
- Laparoscopic liver resection for cancer
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic approach for recurrent incisional hernia
- Laparoscopic sigmoidectomy for diverticulitis
- Laparoscopic wedge resection for a stromal gastric tumor
- Laparoscopic removal of bilateral large endometriotic ovarian cysts and excision of left uterosacral nodule
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy for large uterus with adnexectomy and suturing
- Néphrectomie droite élargie par voie laparoscopique pour adénocarcinome: abord transpéritonéal
Live Interactive Webcast in Pediatric Minimally Invasive SurgeryKarl Storz Endoscopy's dedication to education and training in pediatric minimally invasive surgery goes live on your computer with the second of a series of interactive internet webcasts. This series is available to all residents, pediatric fellows, pediatric focused professional organizations (AAP, APSA, IPEG, PAPS) and others through a simple registration process.
Just click on http://www.karlstorzor1network.com/ to register and sign up for the second webcast, a Video Assisted Thoracoscopy Lung Resection, on October 6, 2005 at 3:00 pm MDT (5:00 pm EDT). During the live webcast, viewers will be able to send email questions or comments directly to Dr. Steven Rothenberg and guest moderator in the OR.
All WebSurg videos on your Personal Digital Assistant (PDA)!
A page dedicated to PDAs is available on WebSurg :
You have the possibility to view all the videos and experts' opinions available on our web site directly on your Palm or Pocket PC. Please check that either the Windows media player or Real media player plugins are correctly installed on your computer. You should use a WiFi or a UMTS connection to view the videos in optimal conditions.
Experts' Opinions in Laparoscopic Surgery!
Advanced Course in Gynaecological Surgery: "Operative Hysteroscopy"
September 14-15, 2005
S Bettocchi (IT), J Hamou (F), L Mencaglia (IT), C Rongières (F)
Intensive Course in Laparoscopic Surgery
September 19-23, 2005
D Grunenwald (F)
Next future 2005 EITS CoursesKeep abreast of the next EITS courses:
- French-speaking Advanced Course in Urological Surgery
October 3-7, 2005
- Advanced Course in Gynecological Surgery: Current Techniques in the Treatment of Severe Endometriosis
October 17-19, 2005
- Advanced Course in Laparoscopic Digestive Surgery
October 20-22, 2005
- Advanced Course in Laparoscopic Aortoiliac Surgery
October 27-29, 2005
- Advanced Course in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
November 04-05, 2005
- Intensive Course in Laparoscopic Surgery
November 21-25, 2005
Involvement in meetings of IRCAD-EITS
IRCAD-EITS-WebSurg will be present as an exhibitor to a big surgical meeting in autumn 2005. We will be happy to welcome you at the forthcoming event:
Prof. Jacques MARESCAUX, MD, FRCS, FACS
Institute Editor-in-Chief - WebSurg
Feedback: we are currently working on a new interface.
We would be glad to receive your questions, suggestions and comments!
To contact us, please click here.