Welcome to our September newsletter.
We are delighted to inform you that the IRCAD/EITS advanced courses in laparoscopic pediatric surgery are endorsed by the International Pediatric Endosurgery Group (IPEG).
We are also extremely pleased to inform you that one new presentation that was filmed live at IRCAD-EITS during the Advanced Course in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery (June 24-25, 2005) has been posted online:
this short lecture was presented by Doctor Gina Brown (Royal Marsden Hospital in Sutton, United Kingdom) and was focused on MRI anatomy in rectal cancer. This month sees also the release of new reshuffled operative technique chapters, new videos of surgical procedures and experts' interviews in laparoscopic surgery on www.websurg.com.
Short Lecture in Colorectal SurgeryMRI anatomy in rectal cancer - G Brown (UK)
Videos of live surgery13 new videos available this month:
- Laparoscopic gastric resection for stromal tumor
- Laparoscopic reversal Nissen fundoplication for dysphagia
- Technical tips for laparoscopic left colectomy in the obese patient
- Laparoscopic treatment of a thermal burn injury after sigmoidectomy
- Laparoscopic ureteral repair during colorectal resection for pelvic endometriosis
- Laparoscopic management of CBD stones in acute cholecystitis
- Laparoscopic abdominoperineal excision for T4 rectal cancer
- Laparoscopic removal of gastric band
- TAPP approach for recurrent inguinal hernia after a plug hernioplasty
- Laparoscopic resection of sigmoid colon for a large dysplastic polyp
- Laparoscopic treatment of sigmoid diverticulitis
- Laparoscopic right colectomy for cancer
- Laparoscopic treatment of rectal cancer
All WebSurg videos on your Personal Digital Assistant (PDA)!
A page dedicated to PDAs is available on WebSurg :
You have the possibility to view all the videos and experts' opinions available on our web site directly on your Palm or Pocket PC. Please check that either the Windows media player or Real media player plugins are correctly installed on your computer. You should use a WiFi or a UMTS connection to view the videos in optimal conditions.
New Experts' Opinions in Laparoscopic Surgery!
Advanced Course in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
June 24-25, 2005
M Anvari (CAN), G Brown (UK), F Michelassi (USA), B Salky (USA), D Smith (USA)
Advanced Course in Laparoscopic Gynaecological Surgery: "Master Suturing: How to Overcome our Limits in Endoscopic Pelvic Surgery"
June 27-29, 2005
P Mangeshikar (IND), R Mashiach (ISR), L Mettler (D), M Goldenberg (ISR)
Operative technique chapters
Three chapters have been reshuffled into a new dynamic presentation format this month:
Navigation capabilities for the different operative technique presentations have been improved.
You have now the possibility to use your keyboard arrows to navigate through any presentation. With one single click, you can stop the navigation anywhere you want and print the current page.
Next future 2005 EITS CoursesKeep abreast of the next EITS courses:
- Advanced Course in Gynecological Surgery: Operative Hysteroscopy
September 14-15, 2005
- French-speaking Advanced Course in Urological Surgery: Radical Nephrectomy
September 16-17, 2005
- Intensive Course in Laparoscopic Surgery
September 19-23, 2005
- Advanced Course in Morbid Obesity Surgery
September 30-October 1st, 2005
- French-speaking Advanced Course in Urological Surgery
October 3-7, 2005
- Advanced Course in Gynecological Surgery: How to Overcome our Limits in Endoscopic Pelvic Surgery
October 17-19, 2005
- Advanced Course in Laparoscopic Digestive Surgery
October 20-22, 2005
Live Interactive Webcast in Pediatric Minimally Invasive SurgeryKarl Storz Endoscopy's dedication to education and training in pediatric minimally invasive surgery goes live on your computer with a series of interactive internet webcasts. This series is available to all residents, pediatric fellows, pediatric focused professional organizations (AAP, APSA, IPEG, PAPS) and others through a simple registration process.
Just click on http://www.karlstorzor1network.com/ to register and sign up for the first webcast, a Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication, on September 8, 2005 at 3:00 pm MDT (5:00 pm EDT). During the live webcast, viewers will be able to send email questions or comments directly to Dr. Steven Rothenberg and guest moderator in the OR.
IRCAD-EITS-WebSurg will be present as an exhibitor to several surgical meetings in autumn 2005. We will be happy to welcome you at the forthcoming events:
Prof. Jacques MARESCAUX
Institute Editor-in-Chief - WebSurg
Feedback: we are currently working on a new interface.
We would be glad to receive your questions, suggestions and comments!
To contact us, please click here.